How much do Bi-fold Doors Cost?
In terms of pricing the fully fitted cost of bi fold patio doors will be influenced by quite a few factors, not least by the size & design that you are thinking of installing.
It would probably be a good idea to make an initial “wish list” of the design features that you would like to include and add any other considerations that come to mind, so that when you actually get int the market to look for quotations for pricing, at least you will be able to describe to the installer what it is you would like to achieve.
Example Pre- quote desired options list
you could include the following
- Work required – is the opening in place or do you need to create a new one
- Access to working area
- Preferred size – width & height
- Materials – uPVC, Hardwood, Aluminum etc
- Colour options for frames
- Single, Double or Triple Glazed
- Energy efficient glazing – (gas filled sealed panels) window filming or colour tint
- threshold options – special access needs
- Number of panels – how many open
- open to the left right – stack inside or outside
Of course, you should also have an idea of the maximum amount you are willing to spend on the work – including an allowance for unforeseen expenses (very common in building works)
You should also get several written quotes based on an onsite survey of the work, make sure they are “fixed price” wherever possible, go for long guarantees and do not use a contractor that is not certified by a major UK trade association (CERTASS / FENSA / GGF / DGCOS / TRUSTMARK / FAIRTRADES etc.) or who does not offer some kind of insurance backed deposit guarantee.